Details for Benchmark: AB5964
N 33° 11.728 W 097° 11.851 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In DENTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- DTO C
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a prefabricated concrete post imbedded in the ground
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|06/15/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE SOUTH END OF THE AIRPORT NEAR RWY END 35. IT IS 199.3 FT (60.7 M) NORTHEAST OF THE C/L END RWY 35, 131.9 FT (40.2 M) SOUTHEAST OF THE MOST SOUTHERLY RUNWAY LIGHT ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE RUNWAY, 102.2 FT (31.2 M) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE RUNWAY, 40.9 FT (12.5 M) NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE TAXIWAY, AND ON RANGE WITH THE TAXIWAY HOLD BAR. IT IS AN NOS DISK STAMPED, DTO C 1979, SET IN A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|12/25/1994 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (AJL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 25 MI (40.2 KM) NORTHWEST OF DALLAS, 35.0 MI (56.3 KM) SOUTH OF GAINESVILLE, 1.0 MI (1.6 KM) WEST OF DENTON AND AT THE DENTON CITY AIRPORT. OWNERSHIP---CITY OF DENTON, 5000 AIRPORT ROAD, ROUTE 1 BOX 100, DENTON TX. 76205. AIRPORT MANAGER IS JOE THOMPSON. PHONE (817) 383-7702 OR (817) 383-7736. TO REACH THE STATION FROM (EXIT 467) NORTHBOUND LANES OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 35E IN DENTON, EXIT AND GO NORTH ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 0.1 MI.TURN LEFT WEST ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 2.2 MI (3.5 KM) TO THE AIRPORT OFFICE ON THE RIGHT AND A GATE ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTH THROUGH THE GATE FOR 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO A ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST FOR 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO A TAXIWAY. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH ON TAXIWAY 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO A TAXIWAY GOING TO THE RUNWAY. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST ON TAXIWAY FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO A WINDSOCK AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A NOS DISK STAMPED ---DTO B 1979--- SET INTO THE TOP OF A 30 CM CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 199.6 FT (60.8 M) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE TAXIWAY, 191.6 FT (58.4 M) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE RUNWAY, 10.3 FT (3.1 M) WEST OF THE WINDSOCK AND 1.5 FT (0.5 M) NORTH OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST.
|02/14/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- This mark is at Denton Muni (DTO) Airport (DTO)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.