Details for Benchmark: AB6691
N 40° 21.850 W 074° 39.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MERCER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 11 K 3
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (ECB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN PRINCETON TOWNSHIP ON THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF NORTH HARRISON STREET, COUNTY ROAD 629. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF NASSAU STREET, STATE ROUTE 27 AND NORTH HARRISON STREET, COUNTY ROAD 629 IN THE BOROUGH OF PRINCETON, GO NORTHWEST ON NORTH HARRISON STREET FOR 0.8 MI (1.3 KM) TO THE NORTHERN MOST ENTRANCE DRIVE LEADING TO THE PRINCETON SHOPPING CENTER AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, SET FLUSH IN A DRILL HOLE IN AN ELECTRICAL JUNCTION BOX, OPPOSITE THE TEE INTERSECTION OF NORTH HARRISON STREET AND VALLEY ROAD. THE STATION IS 13.0 M (42.7 FT) EAST FROM A TRAFFIC LIGHT POST IN THE GRASS MEDIAN ISLAND IN THE CENTER OF NORTH HARRISON STREET, 18.4 M (60.4 FT) NORTH FROM THE CENTERLINE OF THE ENTRANCE DRIVE LEADING INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER, 6.2 M (20.3 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM POLE NUMBER PS 2332 PT AND 0.7 M (2.3 FT) NORTHEAST FROM A TRAFFIC LIGHT POST AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION. THE STATION IS SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1996.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.