Details for Benchmark: AB6700
N 40° 21.083 W 074° 39.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MERCER county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1940 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|04/05/1995 by NJGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (ECB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE BOROUGH OF PRINCETON ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF NASSAU STREET, STATE ROUTE 27, IN FRONT OF SAINT PAULS ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. THE STATION IS 5.3 M (17.4 FT) NORTHEAST FROM A WOODEN LIGHT STANDARD, 11.3 M (37.1 FT) EAST FROM THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A STONE PILLAR AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE CHURCH, 1.4 M (4.6 FT) EAST FROM A 22 INCH OAK TREE, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) NORTHWEST FROM THE NORTHWEST CURB, 5.45 M (17.88 FT) WEST FROM A PUBLIC SERVICE ELECTRIC AND GAS COMPANY MANHOLE, 60.5 M (198.5 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF MOORE STREET AND 5.55 M (18.21 FT) NORTHWEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF NASSAU STREET. THE STATION IS ABOUT 0.1 FT (3.0 CM) ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1996.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.