Details for Benchmark: AB8246
N 34° 06.200 W 117° 46.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LOS ANGELES county, CA View Original Datasheet
- UF 225
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by MWDSC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1994 (JDG)
LA VERNE, FROM THE INTERSECTION OF WHEELER AVENUE AND BONITA AVENUE PROCEED EASTERLY ALONG BONITA AVE TO D STREET, PROCEED NORTHERLY ALONG D STREET TO 6TH STREET, MONUMENT IS LOCATED ON THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF INTERSECTION, 62 FEET (18.9 M) EAST OF D STREET, 16 FEET (4.9 M) NORTH OF 6TH STREET, 42 FEET (12.8 M) SOUTHEAST OF POWER POLE NUMBER 517870E, 14 FEET (4.3 M) SOUTH OF 6 FT (1.8 M) HIGH CHAIN-LINK FENCE, SET 3-1/4 IN. MWDSC BRASS DISK STAMPED UF 225 1994 FLUSH IN THE SOUTHWEST OF A 5 FT (1.5 M) BY 5 FT (1.5 M) CONCRETE CATCH BASIN. REFERENCE MWD FB 2002 01 134.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.