Details for Benchmark: AB8593
N 34° 05.700 W 117° 46.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LOS ANGELES county, CA View Original Datasheet
- YLF 102
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by MWDSC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1994 (DEL)
LA VERNE, FROM THE INTERSECTION OF WHEELER AVENUE AND ARROW HIGHWAY THENCE EASTERLY ALONG ARROW HIGHWAY TO FAIRPLEX DRIVE, THEN SOUTH ALONG FAIRPLEX DRIVE TO A SINGLE SET OF SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD TRACKS. 30 FEET (9.1 M) EASTERLY OF CENTERLINE OF FAIRPLEX DRIVE, 33 FEET (10.1 M) NORTHERLY OF CENTERLINE OF SAID RAILROAD TRACKS, 175 FEET (53.3 M) SOUTHERLY OF CENTERLINE OF WALNUT STREET. SET A 2 INCH BRASS DISK STAMPED YLF 102 1994 ON TOP OF NORTHWEST CORNER OF A 6.8 FEET (2.1 M) BY 15.2 FEET (4.6 M) CATCH BASIN. REFERENCE MWD FB 4038 01 078.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.