Details for Benchmark: AB8761
N 39° 45.043 W 074° 35.107 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BURLINGTON county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- BC 04
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by OMEGA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY OMEGA ENGINEERING SERVICES 1995 (MPM)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 28 MI (45.1 KM) NORTH NORTHWEST OF ATLANTIC CITY, NEW JERSEY IN THE TOWN OF FRIENDSHIP, WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP ON THE WEST SIDE OF EAST SANDY RIDGE ROAD. THIS STATION IS ALSO 13.3 MI (21.4 KM) SOUTH OF THE CARRANZA MEMORIAL MONUMENT. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF NEW GRETNA-CHATSWORTH ROAD (A.K.A. GREENBANK-CHATSWORTH ROAD) , COUNTY ROAD 563 AND SPEEDWELL ROAD, GO RIGHT (WEST) ON SPEEDWELL ROAD 2.5 MI (4.0 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH CARRANZA ROAD AND EAST SANDY RIDGE ROAD (UNPAVED ROADS) . TURN LEFT (SOUTH) ON EAST SANDY RIDGE ROAD AND GO 150.0 FT (45.7 M) TO THE STATION ON YOUR RIGHT SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE STATION IS 14.0 FT (4.3 M) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF EAST SANDY RIDGE ROAD, 76.7 FT (23.4 M) NORTH NORTHWEST FROM A PK NAIL SET IN A TREE NEXT TO THE REMAINS OF AN OLD FOUNDATION AND 91.3 FT (27.8 M) EAST FROM A BOLT SET AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE REMAINS OF ANOTHER OLD FOUNDATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.