Details for Benchmark: AB9953
N 48° 35.877 W 095° 20.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ROSEAU county, MN View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1994 by MNDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MN DEPT OF TRANSP 1994 (DKH)
DESCRIBED BY MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1994. THE MARK IS LOCATED ABOUT 20 MI (32.2 KM) SOUTH OF THE TOWN OF WARROAD IN THE SE 1/4 OF SECTION 12, T159N, R37W. TO REACH THE MARK FROM THE JCT OF CO RD 5 AND TH 11 IN WARROAD, GO SOUTH FOR 12.85 MI (20.68 KM) ON CO RD 5, THEN GO WEST FOR 0.55 MI (0.89 KM) ON A GRAVEL RD, THEN GO SOUTH ON A GRAVEL RD FOR 7.9 MI (12.7 KM) TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT. THE MARK IS 37 FT (11.3 M) WEST OF A GRAVEL RD, 24 FT (7.3 M) NORTH OF A GRAVEL RD, 38 FT (11.6 M) SE OF A GRAVEL RD, 42.3 FT (12.9 M) NNW OF THE NORRIS CAMP 9 MILES (14.5 KM) SIGN POST, 4.6 FT (1.4 M) WEST OF THE CLEAR RIVER 10 MILES (16.1 KM) SIGN POST, AND 4.7 FT (1.4 M) NW OF A WIT POST. THE MARK IS A PUNCH MARK ON THE TOP OF A DRIVEN 1/2 INCH DIAMETER BY 32 FT (9.8 M) LONG STAINLESS STEEL ROD WITH A 3 FT (0.9 M) PLASTIC STABILIZER SLEEVE. ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5 INCH LOGO CAP THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, STAMPED---TURNCOAT 1994---, SET ON TOP OF A 5 INCH DIAMETER BY 24 INCH LONG PVC PLASTIC PIPE FILLED WITH SILICA SAND AND SET IN CONCRETE. A METAL SPIKE WAS PLACED IN THE SILICA SAND MAKING THE MARK MAGNETIC. DESCRIBED BY DAVID K. HERDER, TYPED BY J.E.M.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.