Details for Benchmark: AC4642
N 25° 57.416 W 080° 25.556 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BROWARD county, FL View Original Datasheet
- SNAKE AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1971 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|2/6/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984 (CLN)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 30.40 KM (18.89 MI) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF HOLLYWOOD, 16.00 KM (9.94 MI) WEST OF CAROL CITY, 5.76 KM (3.58 MI) SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 27 AND STATE HIGHWAY 820 (HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD) THAT IS ABOUT 28.80 KM (17.90 MI) WEST OF HOLLYWOOD, ON THE NORTH SIDE OF SNAKE CREEK CANAL ALONG THE BROWARD AND DADE COUNTY LINE AND ON PROPERTY OWNED BY THE STATE. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 27 AND STATE ROUTE 820 (HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD) THAT IS ABOUT 28.80 KM (17.90 MI) WEST OF HOLLYWOOD, GO SOUTH ON US HIGHWAY 27 FOR 5.76 KM (3.58 MI) TO SNAKE CREEK CANAL AND STATION SNAKE 1971 ON LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST ALONG THE NORTH SIDE OF SNAKE CREEK CANAL AND STATION ON RIGHT. THE STATION IS A STANDARD CGS DISK STAMPED SNAKE 1971, SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT 12 INCHES OR .30 CM IN DIAMETER FLUSH WITH GROUND LOCATED 79.0 FT (24.08 M) S OF A WIRE FENCE, 78.0 FT (23.77 M) SW OF AN 8-INCH AUSTRALIAN PINE TREE, 18.0 FT (5.49 M) S OF THE CENTER OF THE CANAL ROAD, 2.0 FT (0.61 M) N OF THE NORTH EDGE OF CANAL EMBANKMENT, AND 1.5 FT (0.46 M) NE OF A WITNESS POST. TO REACH THE AZIMUTH MARK FROM STATION, GO EAST ON THE NORTH SIDE OF SNAKE CANAL FOR 0.40 KM (0.25 MI) TO MARK ON RIGHT.
|8/3/1993 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1993 (RLT)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 14.5 MI (23.3 KM) SOUTHWEST OF COOPER CITY, 26.0 MI (41.8 KM) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF MIAMI, AT THE DADE-BROWARD COUNTY LINE IN SECTION 34, TOWNSHIP 51 SOUTH, RANGE 39 EAST. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 27 AND THE EASTBOUND LANES OF INTERSTATE 75 (ALLIGATOR ALLEY), GO SOUTH ON U.S. HIGHWAY 27 FOR 5.90 MI (9.49 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 818 (GRIFFIN ROAD), CONTINUE SOUTH ON U.S. HIGHWAY 27 FOR 3.55 MI (5.71 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION OF PINES BOULEVARD, CONTINUE SOUTH ON U.S. HIGHWAY 27 FOR 7.75 MI (12.47 KM) TO THE DADE-BROWARD COUNTY LINE AND A ROAD ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE SNAKE CREEK CANAL NUMBER C-9, TURN LEFT AND GO NORTHEAST FOR 0.3 MI (0.5 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, SET IN THE TOP OF CONCRETE MONUMENT FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND LEVEL WITH THE ROAD. LOCATED 9.0 FT (2.7 M) SOUTH OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTERLINE OF THE DIRT ROAD ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE CANAL, ABOUT 4.0 FT (1.2 M) NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE CANAL AND 2.0 FT (0.6 M) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.