Details for Benchmark: AC5697
N 29° 54.258 W 096° 56.895 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FAYETTE county, TX View Original Datasheet
- 3T5 C
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (AJL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 8 KM (4.95 MI) WEST OF LA GRANGE AT THE FAYETTE REGIONAL AIR CENTER, IN GRASS IN THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT OF THE JUNCTION OF THE RUNWAY AND CONNECTOR AT RUNWAY END 34. OWNERSHIP--FAYETTE COUNTY, COUNTY COURTHOUSE, LA GRANGE, TX 78965. AIRPORT MANAGER IS EDWARD JANECKA, COUNTY JUDGE. PHONE 409-968-6469. TO REACH FROM THE OVERPASS AT THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 71 AND BUSINESS HIGHWAY 71 ON THE WEST SIDE OF LA GRANGE, GO NORTHWEST ON HIGHWAY 71 FOR 2.9 KM (1.80 MI) TO A PAVED ROAD LEFT (AIRPORT ROAD) , AND A GRAVEL ROAD RIGHT (HUELSEBUSCH ROAD) . TURN LEFT, SOUTHWEST, ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 1.0 KM (0.60 MI) TO AN OFFSET CROSSROAD (PROPANE LANE) . CONTINUE SOUTHWESTERLY ON AIRPORT ROAD PASSING THROUGH THE ENTRANCE GATE AND ACROSS THE TIE DOWN AREA FOR 0.35 KM (0.20 MI) TO A RUNWAY CONNECTOR ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, SOUTHWEST, ON THE CONNECTOR FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) TO THE RUNWAY. TURN LEFT, SOUTH-SOUTHEAST, ALONG RUNWAY FOR 0.59 KM (0.35 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A PUNCH HOLE TOP CENTER OF A STAINLESS STEEL ROAD IN A 2.5 CM GREASE FILLED SLEEVE 90 CM LONG ENCASED IN A 12.7 CM PVC PIPE WITH A LOGO CAP SURROUNDED BY CONCRETE SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 44.2 M (145.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE DRAIN, 38.9 M (127.6 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE RUNWAY, 23.7 M (77.8 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE EAST ONE OF TWO BLUE RUNWAY LIGHTS, 11.2 M (36.7 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE CONNECTOR, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST. DESCRIBED BY D.G. AUG
- This mark is at Fayette Regional Air Center (3T5)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.