Details for Benchmark: AC5968
N 47° 28.450 W 087° 51.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KEWEENAW county, MI View Original Datasheet
- 909 9037 COPPER HARBOR
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|07/11/1996 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (GAS)
3.0 KM (1.85 MI) EASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 41 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 26 IN COPPER HARBOR, THENCE 2.1 KM (1.30 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD LEADING TO THE COPPER HARBOR LIGHTHOUSE, A CHISELED SQUARE IN TOP OF AND 0.6 M (2.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE STONE DOOR SILL FOR THE WEST ENTRANCE INTO THE LIGHTHOUSE, 1.0 M (3.3 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE LIGHTHOUSE, AND 0.1 M (0.3 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF A SIDEWALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1997.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.