Details for Benchmark: AC6024
N 47° 27.483 W 088° 09.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KEWEENAW county, MI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Astro_D found AC6024
Permission must be sought before seeking this benchmark!!!
Spent a few days in the Keweenaw searching out benchmarks. We went and secured permission from the owner to search for these. We were very happy and surprised when we were escorted right to them.
It was a very breezy day and even the harbor was kicking up some nasty waves. Tried to stay dry snapping a pix, but we got a bit damp. All the more fun.
Recovered as described and found in good condition.
[Photos:]close up AC6024 - Keweenaw county, MI
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by USE (MONUMENTED)
|07/17/1996 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (GAS)
0.2 KM (0.10 MI) EASTERLY ALONG NORTH STREET FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 26 IN EAGLE HARBOR, IN A LARGE AREA OF OUTCROPPING BEDROCK SOUTHEAST OF THE LAKE BREEZE HOTEL, 53.0 M (173.9 FT) EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A PARKING LOT, 17.9 M (58.7 FT) EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A SEAWALL, 5.5 M (18.0 FT) EAST OF THE WATERS EDGE, 2.5 M (8.2 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE BEDROCK, AND 0.8 M (2.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE HIGH POINT OF THE OUTCROP. NOTE--THE MONUMENT IS ON PROPERTY OF MARCIA RALEY, LAKE BREEZE HOTEL, EAGLE HARBOR, MI 49950, TELEPHONE NUMBER (906) 289-4514.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1997.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.