Details for Benchmark: AC6117
N 36° 36.273 W 120° 35.175 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FRESNO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- HPGN D CA 06 NC
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Schreddzki found AC6117
N 36° 36.272 W 120° 35.175
Found as described, in excellent condition. South side, west end of bridge over I-5.
[Photos:]AC6117 - Fresno County, CA
AC6117 area - Fresno County, CA
Area surrounding the survey disk.
||Kewaneh & Shark found AC6117
Found as described and in good condition.
||WhistlingWind found AC6117
Found as described in the SW corner of the Manning
Ave / I-5 overcrossing. Mark is in excellent condition. This is the first of 10 benchmarks I want to find this weekend while attending the 'October Skies' rocket launch in Helm.
I got the camera out and started to take a picture and....no the batteries were fine, but I left the memory card home. :-(
[last edit: 10/19/2003 8:23:25 PM PST]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1995 by CADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CALTRANS 1995 (RGD)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 5/MANNING AVENUE INTERCHANGE, ABOUT 46 MI (74.0 KM) WEST OF FRESNO, 35 MI (56.3 KM) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF LOS BANOS AND 16 MI (25.7 KM) SOUTHWEST OF MENDOTA. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 5 AND STATE HIGHWAY 33, ABOUT 22 MI (35.4 KM) SOUTH OF MENDOTA, GO NORTH ON INTERSTATE 5 FOR 8.4 MI (13.5 KM) TO THE KAMM AVENUE INTERCHANGE. CONTINUE NORTH ON INTERSTATE 5 FOR 7.2 MI (11.6 KM) TO THE MANNING AVENUE OFF-RAMP. TAKE THE OFF-RAMP NORTH FOR 0.25 MI (0.40 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH MANNING AVENUE. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST ON MANNING AVENUE, CROSSING OVER INTERSTATE 5, FOR 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) TO THE WEST END OF THE MANNING AVENUE OVERCROSSING AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS SET FLUSH IN THE SIDEWALK ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE WEST ABUTMENT OF THE MANNING AVENUE OVERCROSSING, ABOUT 180 FT (54.9 M) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF INTERSTATE 5, 15.0 FT (4.6 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF MANNING AVENUE, 13.4 FT (4.1 M) EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE SIDEWALK AND BRIDGE RAIL, 3.5 FT (1.1 M) WEST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE ABUTMENT, 1.6 FT (0.5 M) NORTH OF THE BRIDGE RAIL AND 1.0 FT (0.3 M) HIGHER THAN THE ROADWAY. THE STATION WAS OCCUPIED AS PART OF A CALIFORNIA HPGN DENSIFICATION SURVEY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.