Details for Benchmark: AC6130
N 36° 09.148 W 119° 19.740 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TULARE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- HPGN D CA 06 LK
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- aluminum alloy rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||buckmeadows found AC6130
Recovered in Good condition, GPS coordinates are, N 36º 09.150 W 119º 19.742. Altitude 253 ft. Digital photos available.
HPN D CA 06LK
||The Fossillady found AC6130
Description in good. Easy find on edge of road. Cover is still gone.
||Kewaneh & Shark found AC6130
N 36° 09.149 W 119° 19.742
Found it at 16:10, 22 November 2003 as described and in good condition. The lid to the access cover is missing, but the mark is still reasonably well protected.
Original NAD83 coordinates were located about 10 feet east-northeasterty of the found WGS84 coordinates. WGS84 coordinates for the mark found by 2.5 minute occupation with 7 strong satellites and 1 WAAS satellite
Keep on Caching!
[Photos:]AC6130-01 - Tulare County, California
The benchmark and the Magellan.
AC6130-02 - Tulare County, California
AC6130-03- Tulare County, California
The benchmark setting, witness post, and survey lath.
AC6130-04 - Tulare County, California
The view northwesterly showing the described ac curb and Mefford Field in the distance.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by CADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CALTRANS 1993 (RGD)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF MEFFORD AIRPORT, ABOUT 18 MI (29.0 KM) NORTHWEST OF PORTERVILLE AND 4 MI (6.4 KM) SOUTH OF TULARE. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 99 AND 137 IN TULARE, GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 99 FOR 3.8 MI (6.1 KM) TO THE AVENUE 200 OFF-RAMP. TAKE THE OFF-RAMP SOUTH AND WEST FOR 0.2 MI (0.3 KM) TO AVENUE 200 AND A SIDE ROAD LEFT. BEAR LEFT AND GO SOUTH, EAST, AND NORTH ON A CONNECTOR ROAD, CROSSING OVER HIGHWAY 99, FOR 0.4 MI (0.6 KM) TO A SIDE ROAD RIGHT, EAST RANKIN AVENUE AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A SURVEY DISK ENCASED IN PVC PIPE WITH ACCESS COVER SET IN CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, 74 FT (22.6 M) SOUTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE CONNECTOR ROAD AND EAST RANKIN AVENUE, 30.3 FT (9.2 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE CONNECTOR ROAD, 7.0 FT (2.1 M) SOUTHWEST OF AN ASPHALT CURB, 3.5 FT (1.1 M) NORTHEAST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST AND ABOUT 1 FT (0.3 M) LOWER THAN THE ROAD. THE STATION WAS OCCUPIED AS PART OF A CALIFORNIA HPGN DENSIFICATION SURVEY.
- This mark is at Mefford Field Airport (TLR)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.