Details for Benchmark: AC6868
N 40° 29.482 W 107° 59.813 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MOFFAT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- 50 DHW 6189
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1955 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1955 (DHW)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6 MI (9.7 KM) SOUTHEAST OF MAYBELL, 3 MI (4.8 KM) NORTHWEST OF JUNIPER HOT SPRINGS AND 0.6 MI (1.0 KM) NORTHWEST OF THE CROSSING OF A POWER LINE AND MOFFAT COUNTY ROAD 74, IN THE NORTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 7, T 6 N, R 94 W, AT MOFFAT COUNTY ROAD 74 MILEPOST 5.65. OWNERSHIP--MOFFAT COUNTY ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U. S. HIGHWAY 40 AND MOFFAT COUNTY ROAD 74, ABOUT 4 MI (6.4 KM) EAST OF MAYBELL, GO SOUTHEAST ON MOFFAT COUNTY ROAD 74 FOR 1.7 MI (2.7 KM) TO A SIDE ROAD LEFT AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT ON TOP OF A HIGH POINT ON THE ROAD THE MARK IS A STANDARD USGS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 17 CM SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 1 CM ABOVE THE GROUND. IT IS 8.5 M (27.9 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST FROM THE CENTER OF MOFFAT COUNTY ROAD 74, 6.3 M (20.7 FT) NORTHWEST FROM THE CENTER OF A DIRT ROAD TO THE NORTHWEST, 2.1 M (6.9 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM A TALL FENCE CORNER, 0.2 M (0.7 FT) SOUTH FROM A WITNESS POST AND ABOUT 0.9 M (3.0 FT) ABOVE THE COUNTY ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.