Details for Benchmark: AC7039
N 35° 02.519 W 106° 36.348 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- ABQ G
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1996 by CHANCE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY JE CHANCE AND ASSOCIATES 1996 (SC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 4.8 KM (3.00 MI) SOUTHEAST OF ALBURQUERQUE AT THE ALBURQUERQUE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. OWNERSHIP -- CITY OF ALBURQUERQUE, BARRY KAMAHOOT - OPERATIONS (OPS-60) , PHONE (505) 842-4379 TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF GIBSON BOULEVARD AND INTERSTATE 25 IN ALBUQUERQUE, PROCEED EAST ALONG GIBSON BOULEVARD FOR 1.5 KM (0.95 MI) TO THE JUNCTION WITH YALE BOULEVARD. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ALONG YALE BOULEVARD FOR 1.0 KM (0.60 MI) TO THE JUNCTION WITH AIR CARGO TERMINAL ROAD. PROCEED SOUTHERLY ALONG AIR CARGO TERMINAL ROAD FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) TO THE JUNCTION WITH GEORGE ROAD. GO EAST ALONG GEORGE ROAD FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) TO THE JUNCTION WITH WITH THE WEST GATE ENTRANCE ROAD. GO SOUTHERLY ALONG THE WEST GATE ENTRANCE ROAD FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) TO THE WEST SECURITY GATE BY THE AIR FREIGHT OFFICES. PASS THROUGH GATE AND PROCEED SOUTH AND ACROSS APRON FOR 0.15 KM (0.10 MI) TO THE JUNCTION WITH TAXIWAY A. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST ALONG TAXIWAY A FOR 0.65 KM (0.40 MI) TO THE JUNCTION WITH TAXIWAY C TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ON TAXIWAY C FOR 0.3 KM (0.20 MI) CROSSING RUNWAY 8-26 TO THE JUNCTION WITH TAXIWAY E. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST ON TAXIWAY E FOR 0.8 KM (0.50 MI) CROSSING RUNWAY 17-35 AND THE APPROACH END OF RUNWAY 21 TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT SOUTHWEST OF THE JUNCTION OF TAXIWAYS E AND H THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF A 5 CM SURVEY DISK SET INTO THE TOP OF A 1.0 M (3.3 FT) LONG FENO PIPE, RECESSED 8 CM BELOW GROUND LEVEL AND ENCASED IN A 12.7 CM DIA PVC PIPE WITH NGS LOGO CAP SURROUNDED BY CONCRETE. THE LOGO CAP AND CONCRETE ARE SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THREE CIRCULAR ANCHOR PRONGS EXTEND FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PIPE. THE STATION IS LOCATED 17.80 M (58.40 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF TAXIWAY E, 14.65 M (48.06 FT) WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF TAXIWAY H, 31.60 M (103.67 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWESTERLY EXTENSION OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF RUNWAY 3-21, 14.05 M (46.10 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE BASE FOR A HOLDING POSITION SIGN (H-21 APPROACH) , 9.15 M (30.02 FT) WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE BASE FOR A TAXIWAY DIRECTION SIGN (H - E) , 13.45 M (44.13 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF A MANHOLE, AND 0.9 M (3.0 FT) EAST OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST THE STATION IS DESIGNATED AS A SECONDARY AIRPORT CONTROL STATION (SACS) - NEW MEXICO ANA SURVEYS 1996
|04/03/1997 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (AJL)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN GOOD CONDITION. CONTACT JAMES P. WHITE OPERATIONS (OPS-60) , PHONE (505) 842-4366. THE STATION IS DESIGNATED AS A SECONDARY AIRPORT CONTROL STATION (SACS) .
- This mark is at Albuquerque Int''l Airport (ABQ)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.