Details for Benchmark: AC7734
N 40° 31.255 W 106° 52.134 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ROUTT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1992 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (RSC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE BOB ADAMS FIELD ROUTT COUNTY AIRPORT NEAR THE DISPLACED THRESHOLD FOR RUNWAY END 14 IN THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF THE RUNWAY AND ABOUT 3.0 MI (4.8 KM) NORTHWEST OF STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, IN THE SOUTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 36, T 7 N, R 85 W. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, P.O. BOX 775088, STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, COLORADO 80477. CONTACT THE AIRPORT MANAGER BEFORE GOING TO THE STATION AS THE STATION IS NEAR THE RUNWAY. TELEPHONE--303-879-9042. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 40 AND COUNTY ROAD 129 ON THE WESTERN SIDE OF STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, GO NORTH ON COUNTY ROAD 129 FOR 1.4 MI (2.3 KM) TO THE ENTRANCE OF ROUTT COUNTY AIRPORT ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, WESTERLY, FOR 0.25 MI (0.40 KM) TO THE AIRPORT MANAGER OFFICE. STOP FOR PERMISSION TO ENTER THE RUNWAY AREA AND GET DIRECTIONS AS TO THE SAFEST ROUTE TO THE POINT. THE STATION IS A PUNCH MARK IN THE TOP CENTER OF A STEEL ROD IN A PVC PIPE WITH A LOGO CAP SET IN A ROUND CONCRETE SLEEVE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 381.5 FT (116.3 M) SOUTHEAST OF THE END OF THE RUNWAY, 135.7 FT (41.4 M) SOUTH OF THE NORTHEAST MOST CULVERT, 130.7 FT (39.8 M) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE RUNWAY, 45.6 FT (13.9 M) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST MOST LIGHT, 32.0 FT (9.8 M) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST AND EDGE OF FILL AND IN LINE WITH THE NORTHERN RUNWAY END LIGHTS.
- This mark is at Bob Adams Field Airport (SBS)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.