Details for Benchmark: AC7889
N 44° 26.071 W 097° 07.734 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KINGSBURY county, SD View Original Datasheet
- 81 124.19
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by SDDT (MONUMENTED)
|09/25/1996 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (DFC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 8.0 MI (12.9 KM) SOUTH OF THE KINGSBURY/HAMLIN COUNTY LINE AND 4.0 MI (6.4 KM) NORTH OF ARLINGTON, ON U.S. HIGHWAY 81. OWNERSHIP--THE STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE IN ARLINGTON, GO NORTH ON MAIN STREET FOR 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) TO THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 14, TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 14 FOR 0.3 MI (0.5 KM) TO THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 81, TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ON U.S. HIGHWAY 81 FOR 5.1 MI (8.2 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A PUNCH POINT ON TOP OF A STAINLESS STEEL RIVET FASTENED TO A METAL PIPE CAP ATTACHED TO A 1 1/2-INCH GALVANIZED STEEL PIPE. LOCATED 73.0 FT (22.3 M) WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY, 25.0 FT (7.6 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A FIELD ENTRANCE, 2.3 FT (0.7 M) EAST OF A WITNESS POST AND FENCE, AND 1.3 FT (0.4 M) WEST OF A METAL GUARD POST. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP AND THEN A 4-INCH PVC CAP.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1997. This is a SPECIAL STATUS position. See SPECIAL STATUS under the DATUM ITEM on the data sheet items page.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.