Details for Benchmark: AC8512
N 27° 47.567 W 097° 23.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NUECES county, TX View Original Datasheet
- 90002 F=877 5351 F TIDAL
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CBI (MONUMENTED)
|02/09/1997 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (GAS)
0.3 KM (0.20 MI) EASTERLY ALONG THE LAWRENCE STREET T-HEAD ENTRANCE ROAD FROM THE INTERSECTION OF SHORELINE BOULEVARD IN CORPUS CHRISTI, THENCE 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG THE T-HEAD, 33.5 M (109.9 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANES OF THE T-HEAD, 33.1 M (108.6 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE NORTHBOUND LANES OF THE T-HEAD, 27.0 M (88.6 FT) WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE 2ND MEDIAN NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE T-HEAD, 26.2 M (86.0 FT) SOUTH OF UTILITY LIGHT POLE NUMBER 21 A, 2.5 M (8.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE MEDIAN, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE MEDIAN, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE T-HEAD. NOTE--THE DISK IS ENCASED IN A 6-INCH PVC PIPE AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1997.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 15609 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.