Details for Benchmark: AC9226
N 38° 36.868 W 121° 30.868 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SACRAMENTO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- HPGN D CA 03 AA
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- aluminum alloy rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by CADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CALTRANS 1994 (JCB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 5/WEST EL CAMINO AVENUE INTERCHANGE, ABOUT 3 MI (4.8 KM) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF DOWNTOWN SACRAMENTO. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 5/U.S. HIGHWAY 50 IN DOWNTOWN SACRAMENTO, GO NORTH ON INTERSTATE 5 FOR 3.1 MI (5.0 KM) TO THE WEST EL CAMINO AVENUE OFF-RAMP. TAKE THE OFF-RAMP NORTH FOR 0.25 MI (0.40 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH WEST EL CAMINO AVENUE. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST ON WEST EL CAMINO AVENUE, CROSSING OVER INTERSTATE 5, FOR 0.25 MI (0.40 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT, BETWEEN WEST EL CAMINO AVENUE AND THE SOUTH-BOUND INTERSTATE 5 ON-RAMP. THE STATION IS A SURVEY DISK ENCASED IN PVC PIPE WITH ACCESS COVER SET IN CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, 131.5 FT (40.1 M) WEST OF A STREET LIGHT ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF WEST EL CAMINO AVENUE, 128.0 FT (39.0 M) EAST-NORTHEAST OF A STREET LIGHT ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE ON-RAMP, 106.6 FT (32.5 M) EAST OF THE CONCRETE NOSE OF THE GORE AREA, 47.5 FT (14.5 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF WEST EL CAMINO AVENUE, 12.6 FT (3.8 M) NORTH OF THE CONCRETE CURB ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE ON-RAMP, 8.7 FT (2.7 M) SOUTH OF THE BACK OF SIDEWALK ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF WEST EL CAMINO AVENUE, 3.5 FT (1.1 M) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF ASPHALT PAVEMENT OF THE GORE AREA AND 2.7 FT (0.8 M) WEST OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST. THIS STATION WAS OCCUPIED AS PART OF A CALIFORNIA HPGN DENSIFICATION SURVEY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1997. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.