Details for Benchmark: AD7000
N 26° 06.196 W 080° 07.301 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BROWARD county, FL View Original Datasheet
- ANT 1970
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set in concrete at the center of a clay tile pipe fastened to a wooden pile driven into marsh
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1970 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970 (CLH)
NO REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED.
STATION IS LOCATED AT THE FORT LAUDERDALE MARINA, IN THE SOUTHEAST PART OF FORT LAUDERDALE AT THE EAST END OF SOUTHEAST 15TH STREET.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 1 AND STATE HIGHWAY 84, GO NORTH ON U.S. HIGHWAY 1 FOR 0.8 MILES TO SOUTHEAST 15TH STREET, TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST ON SOUTHEAST 15TH STREET FOR 1.0 MILES TO THE NOVA UNIVERSITY HOUSEBOAT ON LEFT AND STATION ON RIGHT AS DESCRIBED.
STATION MARK, A STANDARD TRIANGULATION STATION MARK DISK STAMPED ANT 1970, IS CEMENTED IN THE TOP OF A LENGTH OF 3 INCH SOILPIPE WHICH IS 5 FEET LONG AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE. THE MARK IS 42 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF SOUTHEAST 15TH STREET, 41.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A POWERLINE POLE, 33 FEET WEST OF A 10 INCH COCONUT TREE, 12.5 FEET EAST OF CENTER OF A DRAINAGE GRATE AND 3 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF PARKING LOT.
|3/21/1994 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
MARK NOT FOUND.
|11/4/1997 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.