Details for Benchmark: AD9416
N 37° 19.850 W 119° 39.051 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MADERA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- HPGN D CA 06 TH
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by CADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CALTRANS 1993 (RGD)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE ROAD 426 BRIDGE OVER THE FRESNO RIVER IN OAKHURST, ABOUT 33 MI (53.1 KM) NORTHEAST OF MADERA. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 41 AND 49 IN OAKHURST, GO NORTH ON HIGHWAY 41 FOR 0.3 MI (0.5 KM) TO A SIDE ROAD RIGHT, ROAD 426. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ON ROAD 426 FOR 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) TO THE BRIDGE OVER THE FRESNO RIVER AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS SET FLUSH IN THE CENTER OF THE WEST SIDEWALK OVER THE NORTH BRIDGE ABUTMENT, IN LINE WITH THE NORTH EDGE OF THE BRIDGE DECK, 34.3 FT (10.5 M) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ROAD 426, 19.2 FT (5.9 M) SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE SIDEWALK AND CONCRETE BRIDGE RAIL, 2.8 FT (0.9 M) EAST OF THE BRIDGE RAIL AND 0.7 FT (0.2 M) HIGHER THAN THE ROADWAY. THE STATION WAS OCCUPIED AS PART OF A CALIFORNIA HPGN DENSIFICATION SURVEY.
|07/10/1995 by CADT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY CALTRANS 1995 (RGD)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1997. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.