Details for Benchmark: AE1996
N 41° 07.950 W 081° 45.442 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MEDINA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- FAA 1G5 A
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- aluminum alloy rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by OHDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY OHIO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1991 (SLQ)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE MEDINA MUNICIPAL AIRPORT, ABOUT 21.7 KM (13.50 MI) WEST OF THE CITY OF AKRON, ABOUT 8.9 KM (5.55 MI) EAST OF THE CITY OF MEDINA, AND ABOUT 3.2 KM (2.00 MI) EAST OF INTERSTATE 71 AT S.R. 18, IN THE NORTHEAST QUARTER OF SHARON TOWNSHIP, T 2 N, R 13 W. OWNERSHIP-CITY OF MEDINA, AIRPORT MANAGER-RICHARD GRICE, 2050 MEDINA ROAD, MEDINA, OH 44256. PHONE (330) 239-1606. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE 71 AND STATE ROUTE 18, GO EAST ON STATE ROUTE 18 FOR 3.1 KM (1.90 MI) TO BEACH ROAD (SHARON TWP RD 54) . TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH FOR 0.48 KM (0.30 MI) TO A DIRT ROAD TO AN OIL WELL ON RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST FOR 0.16 KM (0.10 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, IN HIGH GROUND IN THE CLEAR ZONE FOR RUNWAY 27. THE STATION IS 290 M (951.4 FT) EAST OF APPROACH 27, 125 M (410.1 FT) WEST OF BEACH ROAD CENTER, AND 0.6 M (2.0 FT) EAST OF AN ORANGE FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. THE STATION IS THE CENTER MARK ON A 3.25 INCH DIA ALUMINUM DISK STAMPED FAA 1G5 A 1995, SET ON A 0.75 IN DIA ROD DRIVEN TO REFUSAL AT 4.6 M (15.1 FT) , WITH A 0.9 M (3.0 FT) GREASED SLEEVE, SET IN A 5 IN DIA PVC PIPE WITH A REMOVABLE ODOT LOGO CAP SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. NOTE--SLEEVE DEPTH DOES NOT MEET CLASS A REQUIREMENTS. NOTE--THIS IS A SECONDARY AIRPORT CONTROL STATION (SACS) .
- This mark is at Medina Municipal Airport (1G5)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.