Details for Benchmark: AE2166
N 43° 03.300 W 078° 11.541 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In GENESEE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- ELBA 1
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by NYDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NY DEPT OF TRANSP 1995 (KDS)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON ROUTE 98 ABOUT 4.8 KM (2.98 MI) NORTH OF THE NYS THRUWAY EXIT 48 AT BATAVIA, NY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE SOUTHERLY JUNCTION OF NY ROUTES 262 AND 98 ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF ELBA, GO SOUTH ON NY ROUTE 98 FOR 1.37 KM (0.85 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT ABOUT 121.9 M (399.93 FT) NORTH OF MILE MARKER 98/4103/3027. THE STATION IS A STEEL ROD TOPPED WITH AN ALUMINUM DISK AND IT IS IN THE HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY. IT IS 25.9 M (84.97 FT) SOUTH OF HOUSE NUMBER 7390, 25.9 M (84.97 FT) SOUTH OF WOODEN POWER POLE NUMBER 7392, IT IS 48.8 M (160.10 FT) NORTH OF POWER POLE NUMBER 7406, AND 4.6 M (15.09 FT) WEST OF THE EDGE OF THE PAVEMENT. IT IS 1.1 M (3.61 FT) EAST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.