Details for Benchmark: AE2174
N 42° 09.084 W 079° 24.399 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHAUTAUQUA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- ECHO X
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by NYDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NY DEPT OF TRANSP 1990
THE STATION IS LOCATED NEAR THE WEST SIDE OF CHAUTAUQUA LAKE, AT EXIT 8 OF THE NY ROUTE 17 EXPRESSWAY, 14.5 KM (9.01 MI) WEST OF JAMESTOWN, NY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF ROUTE 394 AND ROUTE 474 COTTAGE PARK, GO NORTHWEST ON ROUTE 394 FOR 7.8 KM (4.85 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A DISK SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND IN THE TOP OF A 21.3 CM DIAMETER PRE-CAST CONCRETE POST, JUST OFF OF THE EAST SIDE OF THE SOUTH END OF THE OVERPASS BRIDGE THAT CARRIES NY ROUTE 394 OVER THE NY ROUTE 17 EXPRESSWAY, BEHIND THE GUIDERAIL. IT IS 1.1 M (3.61 FT) EAST OF THE EAST FACE OF THE CONCRETE ABUTMENT, 0.3 M (0.98 FT) NORTH OF THE EXTENDED SOUTH END OF THE ABUTMENT, AND 0.3 M (0.98 FT) WEST OF AN ORANGE FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST.
|08/19/1996 by FA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FISHER ASSOCIATES 1996 (TR)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.