Details for Benchmark: AE2405
N 42° 06.582 W 077° 59.963 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ALLEGANY county, NY View Original Datasheet
- ELZ A
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1984 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1984 (DRM)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE WELLSVILLE MUNI AIRPORT-TARANTINE FIELD NEAR RUNWAY END 10 IN THE TAXIWAY TURNAROUND AREA. THE STATION IS LOCATED 100 FT (30.5 M) DUE EAST OF AND 99.9 FT (30.4 M) DUE NORTH OF CL END RWY 10, 101.5 FT (30.9 M) NW OF THE FIRST RUNWAY LIGHT ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE RUNWAY, 85.05 FT (25.92 M) SE OF THE TAXIWAY HOLD BAR, AND 109.8 FT (33.5 M) ESE OF THE NORTHERNMOST REIL FOR END 10. THE STATION IS A STANDARD NOS DISK STAMPED ELZ A 1984 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT IS SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|10/31/1999 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1999 (AJL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2.4 KM (1.50 MI) WEST OF WELLSVILLE, NY AT THE WELLSVILLE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT AT THE APPROACH END OF RUNWAY 10. --OWNERSHIP-- CITY OF WELLSVILLE. THE AIRPORT MANAGER IS GARY R. BARNES 2600 TARANTINE ROAD, WELLSVILLE, NY 14895 PHONE 716-593-3350. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 19 AND 417 ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF WELLSVILLE. GO WEST ON HIGHWAY 417 FOR 1.85 KM (1.15 MI) TO A SIDE ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTH ON MILLER ROAD FOR 0.16 KM (0.10 MI) TO A SIDE ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO WESTERLY THEN SOUTHERLY ON WEST HILL DRIVE FOR 2.1 KM (1.30 MI) TO A T-JUNCTION. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST ON TARANTINE ROAD FOR 0.48 KM (0.30 MI) TO THE EAST SIDE OF A HANGER AND THE RAMP AND THE AIRPORT OFFICE ON THE RIGHT. CONTINUE AHEAD SOUTHERLY ACROSS THE RAMP TO THE PARALLEL TAXIWAY. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST ON THE TAXIWAY FOR 0.7 KM (0.45 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT NEAR THE MIDDLE OF A TRIANGLE FORMED BY THE TAXIWAYS AND THE RUNWAY. THE STATION IS A SURVEY DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE POST RECESSED 3 CM BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. IT IS 39.90 M (130.91 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A TAXIWAY, 30.45 M (99.90 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE RUNWAY, AND 24.26 M (79.59 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A TAXIWAY. NOTE--THIS STATION IS DESIGNATED A SECONDARY AIRPORT CONTROL STATION (SACS) .
- This mark is at Wellsville Airport (ELZ)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.