Details for Benchmark: AE2530
N 41° 40.690 W 088° 02.211 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WILL county, IL View Original Datasheet
- WILL COUNTY GPS 224
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1997 by ASCPC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY AMERICAN SURVEYING CONSULTANTS PC 1997 (PS)
FROM INTERSECTION OF IL RTE 53 AND JOLIET RD GO NORTH ON JOLIET RD 1 MI (1.6 KM) TO BLUFF ROAD GO RIGHT (EAST) 0.95 MI. STATION IS IN FRON OF KEEPATAW FOREST PRESERVE SIGN. STATION IS FLUSH WITH SURFACE AND IS STAINLESS ROD WITH SLEEVE WITH CAST CAP AND LID
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.