Details for Benchmark: AE4167
N 44° 15.668 W 072° 35.099 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, VT View Original Datasheet
- A 93010 RESET
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1996 by VTGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY VERMONT GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (CHR)
GENERAL LOCATION, MONTPELIER, VT. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S.ROUTE 2 AND VT ROUTE 12 IN MONTPELIER GO WEST ALONG U.S.ROUTE 2 FOR 0.4 MI (0.6 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION OF BAILEY AVENUE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH ALONG BAILEY AVENUE FOR 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO THE SOUTH END OF THE BAILEY AVENUE BRIDGE OVER THE WINOOSKI RIVER AND THE MARK ON THE RIGHT IN THE TOP OF THE ABUTMENT AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BRIDGE. THE MARK IS 0.1 M (0.3 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE ABUTMENT AND 0.1 M (0.3 FT) WEST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE ABUTMENT.
|04/30/1998 by VTGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY VERMONT GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (DJM)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|10/30/2000 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 2000 (GAS)
0.7 KM (0.45 MI) WESTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 2 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 12 IN MONTPELIER, THENCE 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG BAILEY AVENUE, IN TOP OF AND 0.1 M (0.3 FT) WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF THE AVENUE BRIDGE SPANNING THE WINOOSKI RIVER, 8.0 M (26.2 FT) EAST OF THE AVENUE CENTERLINE, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE AVENUE. NOTE--THE MARK IS ON THE AVENUE RIGHT-OF-WAY. THIS IS A CORS SITE REFERENCE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1998.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.