Details for Benchmark: AE4176
N 44° 16.383 W 072° 27.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, VT View Original Datasheet
- MS 6
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by VTAT (MONUMENTED)
|07/23/1996 by VTGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY VERMONT GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (CHR)
GENERAL LOCATION, EAST MONTPELIER, VT. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S.ROUTE 2 AND VERMONT ROUTE 214 IN PLAINFIELD GO WEST ALONG U.S.ROUTE 2 FOR 1.0 MI (1.6 KM) TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE PLAIN-MONT CEMETERY. THE MARK IS SET FLUSH WITH GROUND SURFACE IN THE TOP OF A 15 CM SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT. IT IS 28.8 M (94.5 FT) NORTH OF AND ABOUT 4 M (13.1 FT) HIGHER THAN THE CENTERLINE OF U.S.ROUTE 2, 26.4 M (86.6 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE MOST EASTERLY PAVED ENTRANCE DRIVE TO THE PLAIN-MONT CEMETERY, 13.7 M (44.9 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A GATE INTO THE CEMETERY, AND 1.4 M (4.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A STONE WALL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1998.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.