Details for Benchmark: AE4643
N 40° 45.633 W 111° 54.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SALT LAKE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- C1 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by SLCPS (MONUMENTED)
|09/22/1997 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (GAS)
IN SALT LAKE CITY, AT THE INTERSECTION OF 300 WEST AND 400 SOUTH STREETS, NEAR THE EAST END OF THE NORTH CONCRETE BRIDGE RAIL OF THE SOUTH STREET OVERPASS OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD, 31.1 M (102.0 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANES OF WEST STREET, 7.8 M (25.6 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF SOUTH STREET, 1.7 M (5.6 FT) WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE BRIDGE RAIL, AND 0.7 M (2.3 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF SOUTH STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 2000.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.