Details for Benchmark: AE4739
N 40° 46.133 W 111° 52.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SALT LAKE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- C7 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||rferguson527 couldn't find AE4739
Looked for this one with a few other cachers today after the event and couldn't find it.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1985 by SLCPS (MONUMENTED)
|09/16/1997 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (GAS)
IN SALT LAKE CITY, AT THE INTERSECTION OF SOUTH TEMPLE AND 300 EAST STREETS, NEAR THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE CLEAN OUT BOX, 13.1 M (43.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE EASTBOUND LANES OF TEMPLE STREET, 10.8 M (35.4 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF EAST STREET, 3.4 M (11.2 FT) SOUTH OF UTILITY LIGHT POLE NUMBER 35 WITH A GUY CABLE, 0.2 M (0.7 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF EAST STREET, AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 2000.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.