Details for Benchmark: AE4812
N 33° 47.936 W 112° 05.953 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- surrounded by a mass of concrete
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1996 by ATEAM (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY A TEAM PA INC 1996 (JJR)
TO REACH STATION FROM EXIT 224 (CAREFREE HIGHWAY) OF INTERSTATE 17, TRAVEL EAST ON CAREFREE HIGHWAY 2.1 MI (3.38 KM) TO A ROADWAY CUT SLOPE ALONG THE NORTH SIDE OF ROADWAY AND THE STATION. THE STATION IS ON THE NORTH SIDE OF HIGHWAY AT TOP OF RIDGELINE BEHIND (NORTH OF) BOLDERS AT TOP OF ROAD CUT SLOPE. STATION MARK IS A 3 IN. BRASS CAP IN CONCRETE ON TOP OF DECOMPOSED GRANITE RIDGE. BRASS CAP IS INSCRIBED MARICOPA COUNTY DOT AND STAMPED NR-17. STATION IS APPROX. 20 FT (6.10 M) NORTH OF BOLDERS AT TOP OF CUT SLOPE, 15 FT (4.57 M) SSW OF A SAGUARO CACTUS, 13 FT (3.96 M) SW OF A SAGUARO CACTUS, 4.5 FT (1.37 M) SOUTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.