Details for Benchmark: AE6350
N 38° 01.804 W 122° 08.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CONTRA COSTA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- SHELL OIL WHARF W END LT
- Marker Type:
- navigation light
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by NOS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1988 (TKP)
THE STATION IS ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF CARQUINEZ STRAIT, 0.7 MI (1.13 KM) SOUTHWEST OF THE BENICIA-MARTINEZ BRIDGE, 0.1 MI (0.16 KM) EAST OF THE MARTINEZ MARINA, AND 1.7 MI (2.74 KM) SOUTHEAST OF POINT BENICIA.$TO REACH THE STATION BY BOAT FROM THE BENICIA MARINA PROCEED 1.3 MI (2.09 KM) SOUTHEAST TO THE SHELL OIL WHARF. THE STATION MAY BE REACHED FROM THE DECK. LADDERS EXTEND FROM THE SOUTHERN FACE OF THE PIER TO THE WATER.$THE STATION IS AN OCCULATING RED LIGHT MOUNTED ATOP A STANCHION ON THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE PIER. DESIGNATED AS NO. 6265 IN U.S. COAST GUARD PUBLICATION LIGHT LIST, VOL. VI, 1990. THE LIGHT IS A PRIVATE AID MAINTAINED BY SHELL OIL.$DESCRIBED BY T.K. PORTA
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.