Details for Benchmark: AE6352
N 38° 02.076 W 122° 07.508 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CONTRA COSTA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- AMORCO WHARF WEST LT
- Marker Type:
- navigation light
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by NOS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1988 (TKP)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE WEST END OF THE AMORCO WHARF, MARTINEZ, CA. THE STATION IS OWNED AND MAINTAINED BY TOSCO.$TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF MARINA VISTA AND AMORCO RD IN MARTINEZ GO NORTH 0.5 MI (0.80 KM) TO THE AMORCO WHARF. THE STATION IS ON THE WEST END OF THE WHARF.$THE STATION IS A FIXED RED LIGHT MOUNTED ON A STEEL POLE. DESIGNATED AS NO. 6280 IN U.S. COAST GUARD PUBLICATION LIGHT LIST, VOL. VI, 1990. THE STATION IS PRIVATELY MAINTAINED.$DESCRIBED BY T.K. PORTA
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1997. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.