Details for Benchmark: AE7605
N 29° 55.528 W 082° 07.468 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BRADFORD county, FL View Original Datasheet
- BRADFORD 14
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1997 by DCJOHN (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY DC JOHNSON ASSOC 1997 (DS)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 1.4 MI (2.3 KM) SOUTH OF STARKE, 4.4 MI (7.1 KM) NORTH OF HAMPTON AND 14.8 MI (23.8 KM) SOUTHEAST OF LAKE BUTLER.-- TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF US HIGHWAY 301 AND STATE ROAD 100, PROCEED SOUTHWEST ON US HIGHWAY 301 FOR 1.55 MI (2.49 KM) TO AN INTERSECTION WITH SW 144TH STREET AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT, A BRASS NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY DISC SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH DIAMTER CONCRETE MONUMENT RECESSED 0.2 FT (6.1 CM) BELOW THE GROUND. THE STATION IS 27.7 FT (8.4 M) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANES OF US HIGHWAY 301, 98.5 FT (30.0 M) WEST OF THE CENTER OF A RIP-RAP HEADWALL AND 4 FT (1.2 M) NORTHWEST OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST.-- REFERENCES-- NAIL AND DISC (LB4514) ,SET IN THE CENTER OF AN ASPHALT MEDIAN CUT, NORTH 40 DEGREES EAST AT 80.51 FT (24.54 M) - NAIL AND DISC (LB4514) , SET IN A POWER POLE, NORTH 45 DEGREES EAST AT 95.73 FT (29.18 M) - ROAD SIGN (SW 144TH ST/STOP) NORTH 23 DEGREES WEST AT 88.9 FT (27.1 M) -
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.