Details for Benchmark: AE8131
N 40° 34.557 W 105° 05.144 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LARIMER county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1997 by CO-069 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY LARIMER COUNTY COLORADO 1997 (RSC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED THE THE CITY OF FORT COLLINS, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 14, T 7 N, R 69 W. OWNERSHIP--COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY PROPERTY TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF SHIELDS STREET AND NORTH DRIVE GOING EAST AND PLUM STREET GOING WEST, GO EAST ON NORTH DRIVE, INTO THE CAMPUS OF COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY FOR 0.4 MI (0.6 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, JUST SOUTH OF THE UNIVERSITY WEATHER STATION AND NORTHWEST OF THE LORY STUDENT CENTER THE MARK IS A STANDARD LARIMER COUNTY GEODETIC CONTROL BRASS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A ROUND 40 CM CONCRETE POST, FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 48.6 M (159.4 FT) SOUTH FROM THE CENTER OF NORTH DRIVE, 32.7 M (107.3 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST FROM THE SOUTH LEG OF THE WEATHER STATION ANTENNA TOWER, 26.9 M (88.3 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE WEATHER BUILDING, 26.1 M (85.6 FT) SOUTH FROM A WITNESS POST AND CHAINLINK FENCE, 7.6 M (24.9 FT) EAST FROM THE CENTER OF THE SERVICE ROAD INTO LORY STUDENT CENTER AND 1.8 M (5.9 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM THE WESTERN EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.