Details for Benchmark: AE8280
N 46° 52.383 W 089° 19.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONTONAGON county, MI View Original Datasheet
- 909 9044 A
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|09/13/1994 by NOS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1994 (JRS)
IN ONTONAGON, ON THE EAST SIDE OF THGE ONTONAGON RIVER, ON A SMALL BRIDGE ON ONTONAGON STREET NEAR GITCHIE GUNIE OIL CO. AND AT THE WEST CORNER OF ONTONAGON STREET AND RIVER STREET, 67.3 FEET (20.5 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF RIVER ST., 32.5 FEET (9.9 M) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ONTONAGON ST., 1.0 FEET (0.3 M) NORTHWEST OF CONCRETE GUARD RAIL OF BRIDGE, IN THE HIGHEST STEP OF A THREE STEP RETAINING WALL SUPPORTING THE NORTH CORNER OF BRIDGE.
|08/31/1995 by NOS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1995 (MJB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1999. No vertical observational check was made to the station.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 13377 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.