Details for Benchmark: AE8651
N 44° 30.618 W 090° 40.791 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLARK county, WI View Original Datasheet
- PINE VALLEY-WEST GPS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1997 by AYRES (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY AYRES ASSOCIATES 1997 (CMS)
THE STATION IS 8.7 KM (5.40 MI) AIR MILES SOUTH 51 DEGREES WEST FROM THE CLARK COUNTY COURTHOUSE. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 10 AND 73 IN THE CITY OF NEILLSVILLE, GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 73 FOR 4.5 KM (2.80 MI) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 95, CONTINUE SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 95 FOR 0.40 KM (0.25 MI) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH POERTNER ROAD, TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST ON POERTNER ROAD FOR 2.7 KM (1.65 MI) TO A BRIDGE OVER THE BLACK RIVER, CROSS OVER THE BRIDGE AND TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH ON OPELT ROAD AND GO 0.8 KM (0.50 MI) , THEN WEST ON POERTNER ROAD FOR 3.6 KM (2.25 MI) TO REESEWOOD AVENUE, TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH ON REESEWOOD AVENUE 106.7 M (350.1 FT) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A CLARK COUNTY BRASS SURVEY DISK STAMPED ---PINE VALLEY-WEST GPS 1996---, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE MONUMENT FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND 10.7 M (35.1 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF REESEWOOD AVENUE, AND 106.6 M (349.7 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF POERTNER ROAD. THE STATION IS 16.8 M (55.1 FT) SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE RISER LOCATED ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE ROAD. HOUSE NUMBER 7266 POERTNER ROAD BEARS SOUTH 72 EAST 100.6 M (330.1 FT) FROM THE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.