Details for Benchmark: AF6590
N 27° 20.283 W 080° 14.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST LUCIE county, FL View Original Datasheet
- 94 77 A 10 RM 1 FLDT
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by FLDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1978
8.1 MI NE FROM JENSEN BEACH. BEGINNING AT THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROAD 707A AND STATE ROAD A1A, 2 MILES EAST OF JENSEN BEACH, GO NORTHERLY ON STATE ROAD A1A FOR 6.1 MILES. THE MARK BEARS 47 FEET EAST NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE ROAD A1A, AND 26.8 FEET NORTH NORTHWEST OF A POWERPOLE.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (LAH)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.