Details for Benchmark: AF9956
N 46° 42.245 W 091° 10.032 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BAYFIELD county, WI View Original Datasheet
- 314 BRINKS GPS
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1996 by WI-007 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY LANGLADE COUNTY WISCONSIN 1996 (DKL)
STATION DESCRIPTION DESCRIBED BY BAYFIELD COUNTY, 1996 THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 24.54 KM (15.25 MI) NORTHWESTERLY OF THE CITY OF WASHBURN, WISCONSIN ON PROPERTY OWNED BY THE US FOREST SERVICE NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF LONG LAKE ROAD (AKA FOREST ROAD 251) AND BRINKS ROAD (AKA FOREST ROAD 236) IN THE SOUTHWEST QUARTER OF THE SOUTHEAST QUARTER, SECTION 19, T49N, R6W, TOWN OF WASHBURN. TO REACH THE STATION FRON THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY HIGHWAY C AND STATE HIGHWAY 13 IN WASHBURN GO WEST ON COUNTY HIGHWAY C ABOUT 16.49 KM (10.25 MI) , THEN WEST ON BRINKS ROAD (FOREST ROAD 236) ABOUT 8.05 KM (5.00 MI) --OR-- FROM THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY HIGHWAY C AND STATE HIGHWAY 13 IN WASHBURN GO SOUTH ON STATE HIGHWAY 13 ABOUT 2.01 KM (1.25 MI) , THEN WEST ON LONG LAKE ROAD (FOREST ROAD 251) ABOUT 22.53 KM (14.00 MI) . THE STATION IS 60.96 M (200.00 FT) SOUTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF BRINKS ROAD AND LONG LAKE ROAD AND 10.06 M (33.01 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF LONG LAKE ROAD. THE STATION IS 60.35 M (198.00 FT) SOUTH 10 DEGREES WEST OF THE STOP SIGN AT THE BRINKS ROAD/FOREST ROAD 251 INTERSECTION. THE STATION IS A 8.3 CM (3.25 IN) ALUMINUM CAP STAMPED---314 BRINKS GPS---SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT 30.48 CM (12 IN) IN DIAMETER LOCATED FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. STATION IS 1 M (3.3 FT) EAST OF A STEEL FENCE POST BEARING THE SIGN (PLEASE PROTECT NEARBY SURVEY MARKER) .
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.