Details for Benchmark: AG2334
N 27° 58.222 W 082° 42.413 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PINELLAS county, FL View Original Datasheet
- CLEARWATER ST PETERSBURG TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1972 (JCL)
THE STATION IS THE APEX OF VENT ATOP AND CENTER OF A WATER TANK OWNED BY THE CITY OF ST. PETERSBURG. THE TANK HAS A DOME SHAPED TOP WITH A HEMISPHERICAL BOTTOM, SUPPORTED BY 9 TUBULAR LEGS. IT IS SILVER GREEN IN COLOR AND APPROXIMATELY 130 FEET HIGH.
THE TANK IS LOCATED AT THE EAST EDGE OF CLEARWATER, 0.7 MILE NORTH OF THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTES 60 AD 593, 300 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF WOLFE ROAD AND 0.1 MILE EAST OF STATE ROUTE 593 (MC MULLEN BOOTH ROAD).
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.