Details for Benchmark: AG9055
N 27° 56.864 W 082° 27.570 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HILLSBOROUGH county, FL View Original Datasheet
- TAMPA 1ST FLA TWR W1 OF 2 MAST
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by FL-057 (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY FLORIDA 1983 (RSW)
THE TAMPA FIRST FLORIDA TOWER WEST 1 OF 2 MASTS IS LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN TAMPA, ON A 38 STORY BUILDING. THE BUILDING IS IN THE SOUTHEAST ANGLE OF THE INTERSECTION OF TAMPA AND EAST MADISON STREETS, IN T29S, R19E, CENTRAL SECTION 24.
STATION IS THE LIGHT ON TOP CENTER OF THE RED/WHITE MAST, ABOUT 75 FEET HIGH, NO GUY WIRES, TOTAL HEIGHT ABOUT 450 FEET. THE MAST HAS A METAL HOUSING AT THE 30 FOOT LEVEL FOR A SIREN.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.