Details for Benchmark: AH0120
N 27° 47.817 W 097° 23.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NUECES county, TX View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by TXRD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1959 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
0.95 MI NE FROM CORPUS CHRISTI. ABOUT 0.1 MILE EAST ALONG THE TEXAS MEXICAN RAILWAY FROM THE FREIGHT STATION AT CORPUS CHRISTI, THENCE ABOUT 0.45 MILE NORTH ALONG NORTH STAPLES STREET, THENCE ABOUT 0.35 MILE EAST ALONG LEOPARD STREET, THENCE ABOUT 0.05 MILE NORTH ALONG UPPER BROADWAY, 26 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, 150 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE EAST ENTRANCE TO THE PLAZA HOTEL, 67 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE EAST ENTRANCE TO THE DRISCOLL HOTEL, 14 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE STEPS LEADING DOWN FROM UPPER BROADWAY TO LOWER BROADWAY, IN THE TOP OF THE SECOND GUARD RAIL POST NORTH OF THE STEPS, AND ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE SIDEWALK.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
NOT RECOVERED THIS DATE.
|02/09/1997 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (GAS)
IN CORPUS CHRISTI, AT THE INTERSECTION OF LEOPARD STREET AND UPPER BROADWAY, IN TOP OF THE 2ND GUARDRAIL POST NORTH OF A SET OF STEPS LEADING FROM UPPER BROADWAY TO LOWER BROADWAY, 64.7 M (212.3 FT) NORTH OF THE STREET CENTERLINE, 9.1 M (29.9 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF BROADWAY, 5.9 M (19.4 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE STEPS, AND 1.0 M (3.3 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF BROADWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1997.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.