Details for Benchmark: AH4576
N 34° 10.631 W 082° 22.422 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ABBEVILLE county, SC View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1997 by SCGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY SOUTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (DDW)
STATION IS LOCATED IN ABBEVILLE. OWNERSHIP--SCDOT, DIRECTOR OF PRECONSTRUCTION, P.O. BOX 191, COLUMBIA, SC 29202, PHONE 803-737-1350. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 72, 20 TRUCK, 28 (GREENWOOD HIGHWAY) AND 20, 203 TRUCK, 28 (NORTH MAIN STREET) AND STATE ROAD 33 (SOUTH MAIN STREET) IN ABBEVILLE, GO NORTHWEST ON HIGHWAY 28 AND 20 (NORTH MAIN STREET) FOR 0.2 MILE (0.3 KM) TO THE JUNCTION OF A PAVED ROAD (MAGAZINE STREET) , TURN RIGHT ON MAGAZINE STREET FOR 0.2 MILE (0.3 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT NEAR A GRANITE MONUMENT IN THE NORTH ANGLE OF THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROAD 120 (SECESSION AVENUE) . STATION IS A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND 0.5 FOOT (15.2 CM) ABOVE THE ROADS, 10.1 FEET (3.1 M) EAST OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE NORTHEAST MOST GRANITE MONUMENT (DAUGHTERS OF THE CONFEDERACY) , 17.4 FEET (5.3 M) WEST SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE WITH A SCGS REFERENCE WASHER ATTACHED, 23.3 FEET (7.1 M) EAST NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF ROAD 120, 16.5 FEET (5.0 M) NORTH NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF MAGAZINE STREET, 43.1 FEET (13.1 M) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF A SIDE PORCH FOR A WOOD FRAME HOUSE (401 MAGAZINE STREET) . DESCRIBED BY R.W. ROBERTS.
- The North Carolina/South Carolina HARNS have been completed but, due to contractual restrictions, coordinates for these stations will NOT be published in the near future. In the interim, the published coordinates in North and South Carolina will not be consistent with the Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS). The HARN coordinates for these stations are available upon request. Contact Gary Thompson(919-733-3836), or Lewis Lapine(803-896-7700). In addition, the published North and South Carolina positions (NAD 83 (1986)) are NOT consistent with those determined in adjacent state readjustments. The discontinuity between stations located in North or South Carolina and those in adjacent states which have been adjusted to the HARN may be as much as 5 decimeters. This will result in a significant loss of accuracy over lines crossing such state borders.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.