Details for Benchmark: AH4813
N 35° 41.467 W 078° 41.665 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WAKE county, NC View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by NCGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (EWB)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 5.2 MI (8.4 KM) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF GARNER AND 6.9 MI (11.1 KM) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF RALEIGH. ALONG SR 1371 (LAKE WHEELER ROAD) FOR 5.1 MI (8.2 KM) SOUTH FROM I-40/I-440 BELTLINE BRIDGE, AT SOUTH END OF LAKE WHEELER DAM. MARK IS ABOUT 1-FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROAD AND RECESSED 1 INCH BELOW GROUND. LOCATED 148.5 FT (45.3 M) WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 60.0 FT (18.3 M) WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CHAIN LINK POST OF A 4X4 FENCE--AND 28.5 FT (8.7 M) SOUTHWEST OF A CUTOFF POLE WITH SIGNS, 74.5 FT (22.7 M) NORTHEAST OF A 10-INCH PINE--BOTH WITH REFERENCE TAGS.
- The North Carolina/South Carolina HARNS have been completed but, due to contractual restrictions, coordinates for these stations will NOT be published in the near future. In the interim, the published coordinates in North and South Carolina will not be consistent with the Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS). The HARN coordinates for these stations are available upon request. Contact Gary Thompson(919-733-3836), or Lewis Lapine(803-896-7700). In addition, the published North and South Carolina positions (NAD 83 (1986)) are NOT consistent with those determined in adjacent state readjustments. The discontinuity between stations located in North or South Carolina and those in adjacent states which have been adjusted to the HARN may be as much as 5 decimeters. This will result in a significant loss of accuracy over lines crossing such state borders.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.