Details for Benchmark: AH6738
N 32° 53.248 W 083° 46.480 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BIBB county, GA View Original Datasheet
- GPS MBC 01
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by TRIBBL (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY TRIBBLE AND RICHARDSON 1989
MBC-01 IS LOCATED IN NORTHERN BIBB COUNTY, APPROXIMATELY 9.3 MILES (15.0 KM) NORTHWEST OF THE BIBB COUNTY COURTHOUSE IN MACON TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF I-475 AND ZEBULON ROAD PROCEED EAST ALONG ZEBULON ROAD FOR .10 MILE (0.16 KM) TO LARMAR ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT ON LARMAR ROAD AND PROCEED NORTH FOR 0.7 MILE (1.1 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, THE EAST SIDE OF THE ROAD THE STATION IS A STANDARD MACON-BIBB CO. GIS GPS DISK, STAMPED MBC-01 SET IN TOP OF AN EIGHT INCH ROUND CONCRETE POST SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND THE STATION IS 34 FEET, (10.4 M) NORTH 5 DEGREES EAST OF A SPEED LIMIT 35 MPH SIGN, 98.5 FEET, (30.0 M) SOUTH 33 DEGREES EAST OF A CURVE SIGN, 5 FEET, (1.5 M) SOUTH 82 DEGREES EAST OF THE EDGE OF PAVEMENT, 1 FOOT, (0.3 M) NORTH 83 DEGREES WEST OF A WITNESS POSDGE OF PAVEMENT, (MOSLEY DIXION ROAD) , AND 1 FOOT, (0.3 M) NORTH 5 DEGREES EAST OF A WITNESS POST
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.