Details for Benchmark: AH7497
N 35° 10.700 W 103° 42.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In QUAY county, NM View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by NMHC (MONUMENTED)
|02/03/1999 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1999 (GAS)
2.0 KM (1.25 MI) EASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 104 AND 209 IN TUCUMCARI, 48.1 M (157.8 FT) NORTH OF THE EAST END OF THE MOST NORTHERLY OF 2 PIPE CULVERTS UNDER THE HIGHWAY, 31.9 M (104.7 FT) NORTHWEST OF A FENCE CORNER, 30.2 M (99.1 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 2.0 M (6.6 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, 0.4 M (1.3 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, 0.1 M (0.3 FT) NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, AND THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 0.1 M (0.3 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE. NOTE--THE MONUMENT IS ON HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 2000.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.