Details for Benchmark: AH7734
N 39° 38.865 W 106° 31.052 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In EAGLE county, CO View Original Datasheet
- GPS 008
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||GPS Geek found AH7734
Found this one very easily using the official history. Didn't even need my GPS!
[last edit: 8/13/2003 5:48:24 PM PST]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1998 by MSI (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MEASUREMENT SCIENCE INCORPORATED 1998 (PD)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 1.2 MI (1.9 KM) NORTH OF THE TOWN OF AVON ALONG MOUNTAIN STAR ROAD, OWNERSHIP -- EAGLE COUNTY TO REACH THE STATION FROM EXIT 167 (AVON) ON INTERSTATE 70 WESTBOUND, PROCEED NORTH FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH NOTTINGHAM ROAD, PROCEED WEST ON NOTTINGHAM ROAD FOR 0.25 MI (0.40 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH MOUNTAIN STAR ROAD ON THE RIGHT. PROCEED NORTH ON MOUNTAIN STAR ROAD 1.0 MI (1.6 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS ON THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF A BRIDGE ABUTTMENT CROSSING A LARGE GULCH THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF AN EAGLE COUNTY SURVEY DISK SET FLUSH IN A RETAINING WALL ON THE SOUTH CORNER OF A BRIDGE. THE STATION IS 17 FT (5.2 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF MOUNTAIN STAR ROAD, 0.5 FT (15.2 CM) SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE BRIDGE ABUTTMENT, AND 0.5 FT (15.2 CM) WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE BRIDGE ABUTTMENT. THE STATION IS 2.2 FT (0.7 M) ABOVE THE ROAD
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.