Details for Benchmark: AH8552
N 34° 18.597 W 084° 25.510 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHEROKEE county, GA View Original Datasheet
- 47A C
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1997 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|10/21/1998 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (AJL)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED WITH THE FOLLOWING CHANGES, THE PHONE NUMBER FOR THE AIRPORT MANGER IS 770-479-6389, AND THE STATION IS 50.2 FT (15.3 M) EAST OF STEEL DRAIN.
|02/24/1999 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1999 (AJL)
NOTE--THIS IS THE PRIMARY AIRPORT CONTROL STATION. THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 11 KM (6.85 MI) NORTHEAST OF CANTON AT THE CHEROKEE COUNTY AIRPORT. NEAR MIDFIELD, NEAR THE CENTER OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF A GRASS MEDIAN BETWEEN THE RUNWAY AND AN APRON IN FRONT OF THE NEW HANGERS, ALONG THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE RUNWAY. OWNERSHIP--CHEROKEE COUNTY AIRPORT AUTHORITY, 110 WALESKA ROAD, CANTON, GA. 30114. AIRPORT ADDRESS IS 1800 AIRPORT DRIVE, BALL GROUND, GA. 30107. AIRPORT MANAGER/F.B.O. COLMAN OR HARRIET SUTTON, PHONE 770-479-6389. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE OVERPASS JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 575 AND AIRPORT DRIVE (EXIT 12 AT MILE MARKER 24) ABOUT 9.5 KM (5.90 MI) NORTHEAST OF CANTON, GO WEST, THEN NORTHERLY, ON AIRPORT DRIVE FOR 0.96 KM (0.60 MI) TO THE Y-JUNCTION OF WEST HANGAR DRIVE ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, SOUTHWEST, THEN NORTHWEST, THEN NORTHEAST, FOR 1.13 KM (0.70 MI) ON THE DRIVE PASSING ALONG THE SOUTHWEST PERIMETER OF THE AIRPORT TO THE JUNCTION OF THE SOUTHWEST 1 OF 2 TAXI/RAMPS, AN APRON AND HANGARS ON THE LEFT AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT IN THE MEDIAN. THE STATION IS SET FLUSH IN THE TOP OF A 2.6 X 4.9-FOOT AREA OF EXPOSED BEDROCK. 45.7 M (149.9 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE TAXI/RAMP CENTER, 39.8 M (130.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF AND ABOUT 1 M (3.3 FT) LOWER THAN THE RUNWAY CENTER, 28.3 M (92.8 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE RUNWAY EDGE, 24.3 M (79.7 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE TAXI/APRON, 15.3 M (50.2 FT) NORTH OF A STEEL DRAIN CENTER, AND O.7 M SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. BY R.G. HAYES
- This mark is at Cherokee County Airport (47A)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.