Details for Benchmark: AH8740
N 37° 49.863 W 104° 49.682 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HUERFANO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- I25 MP 64.72
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1998 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (RSC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 14 MI (22.5 KM) NORTH OF WALSENBURG, 9 MI (14.5 KM) SOUTH OF COLORADO CITY AND 5.5 MI (8.9 KM) NORTH OF HUERFANO BUTTE, IN THE NORTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 31, T 25 S, R 66 W, AT INTERSTATE 25 MILEPOST 64.72. OWNERSHIP--COLORADO DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION RIGHT-OF-WAY TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE 25 (EXIT 64) AND LASCAR ROAD, GO NORTH ON THE EASTERN ACCESS ROAD FOR 0.65 MI (1.05 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, AT THE TOP OF A ROAD CUT THE MARK IS A STANDARD BRASS RIGHT-OF-WAY DISK SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND 10 CM CONCRETE POST, PROJECTING 12 CM ABOVE THE GROUND. IT IS 62.8 M (206.0 FT) NORTH FROM A FENCE CORNER, 45.0 M (147.6 FT) EAST FROM THE CENTER LINE OF THE NORTH BOUND LANES, 21.7 M (71.2 FT) EAST FROM THE CENTER OF A DIRT ROAD, 3.0 M (9.8 FT) EAST FROM THE EDGE OF A CUT, 1.9 M (6.2 FT) EAST FROM A WITNESS POST, 1.7 M (5.6 FT) EAST FROM THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE AND ABOUT 4 M (13.1 FT) ABOVE THE ACCESS ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.