Details for Benchmark: AH9190
N 40° 34.233 W 074° 27.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MIDDLESEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 12 X 3
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1997 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (JVS)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE TOWNSHIP OF PISCATAWAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY I 287 AND WASHINGTON AVENUE, COUNTY ROAD 665 AT INTERCHANGE 6, GO NORTH ON WASHINGTON AVENUE FOR 0.4 MI (0.6 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH STELTON ROAD, COUNTY ROAD 529 AT A TRAFFIC LIGHT. TURN LEFT AND GO 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO A FORK IN THE ROAD. TAKE THE RIGHT FORK AND GO 0.7 MI (1.1 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, JUST BEFORE THE TEE INTERSECTION WITH WOODROW AVENUE ON THE LEFT, SET FLUSH IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE CULVERT HEADWALL. THE STATION IS 8.5 M (27.9 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM UTILITY POLE NUMBER 7767 PC, 12.4 M (40.7 FT) EAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF WASHINGTON AVENUE, 21.7 M (71.2 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM A MANHOLE LOCATED AT THE INTERSECTION OF WOODROW AVENUE AND WASHINGTON ROAD AND 21.6 M (70.9 FT) EAST SOUTHEAST FROM UTILITY POLE NUMBER 65626 PC.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2001. No vertical observational check was made to the station.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.